Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Spotlight



                                                               Meet Jana Fowers

I was born in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and spent my growing up years in Mexico City, because my father was a U.S. Diplomat.
Attended a private American School where most of the children had fathers who were CEO's of U.S. companies, like Ford, Coca-Cola,
etc.  We were accepted at first, but as we got into high school, our LDS upbringing made us so different, that it was hard to have
friends.  I spent my senior year attending a small high school in the mountains of Arizona, where I cared for my grandmother, younger
sister, and help teach seminary to the Apache Indians.
It was a welcome relief to go off to BYU and only be responsible for myself.  Graduated from BYU, taught school, went back for a Master's,
went on a mission and met Elder Fowers at the train station in Geneva, Switzerland.  Not love at first sight.  Instead I stamped my foot
at him and called him a "dumb Elder".  (Ended up with a brain concussion later when my motor bike was sideswiped, and I must have forgotten
that first encounter.)
We were married about eight months after I returned from my mission, and moved to Logan where Sam had one more year at USU.  I taught
school at Providence Elementary, finishing the year on a Friday.  Sam graduated on Saturday, and our first child was born on Sunday. (Incredible
timing!)
The following week we moved to Washington D.C.
We have now lived in Davis County about 30 years.  We have nine children, all graduates of Davis High and twenty grandchildren.  All wonderful,
smart, and we love them to pieces!!
Sam and I enjoy guiding Church History tours which we have done for a dozen years.  I have had a private pre-school in my home while my children
were young.  Then moved on to making quilts, decorating houses.  A side hobby has been designing and building homes.  Have taught Spanish
for several years in the school district, and the latest stint of teaching was nine years at the County Jail.  Finally got the "get out of Jail" card and
am happy to have more free time to talk about essential oils and play with the grands.
I love to travel, love to be with family and friends, and love the Gospel and my Savior with all my heart.  Am so grateful for all the wonderful
opportunities I've had over the years and happy to be here with the good people of this neighborhood!! 


                                    Jana is an incredible lady with so many life experiences,
                                    she has done it all and is still going strong. Please don't
                                    hesitate to get to know Jana, and let her know what an incredible
                                    lady she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment